Glace of Mushrooms and Small Onions
153 Kcal per person
For 4 persons
- 24 each of mushrooms and small onions
- 2 tablespoons Pure Sesame Oil
- A dash of lemon juice
- Appropriate amounts of salt and peppe
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Parsley, chervil and other condiments, if applicable
- Remove dirt from the bottom stalk of mushrooms and peel the small onions.
- Heat 1 tablespoon Pure Sesame Oil in a pan, saute the mushrooms to a beautiful brown, sprinkle the lemon juice and add a dash of salt and pepper to taste.
- Put small onions in a pot, pour enough water to submerge the onions, add 1 tablespoon Pure Sesame Oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and granulated sugar, and heat them. Reduce heat after boiling and continue boiling until almost no liquid remains in the pot and the ingredients are cooked. Then, dress the ingredients with the reduced cooking water to add a glow, shaking the pot.
- Add the mushrooms from (2) and small onions from (3) to taste.
- Place the ingredients on a serving dish and garnish with herb salad if desired.
Glace is a French cooking method used to add a glow to the ingredients by, for example, boiling down cooking water. It is often used for vegetables, including carrots, pumpkins and sweet potatoes.