Sliced and Boiled Pork
*Excluding time for cooling
344 Kcal per person
For 4 persons
- 1lb pork shoulder (lump)
- 1/2 each leek, carrot and celery
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 whole white peppers
Sesame Mustard Sauce
- 1 tablespoon French mustard (e.g. Dijon mustard)
- 2 tablespoons Pure Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- (Make boiled pork.) Put the pork shoulder (lump); leek, celery and carrot cut into chunks; garlic sliced thinly; bay leaf and whole white peppers into a pot. Pour enough water to submerge all ingredients, heat it and boil for 30 minutes, skimming scum. Then remove the pan from heat and let the pork cool with the cooking water.
- Slice the pork into bite-Sized pieces and let them cool in the refrigerator. (Then cover them with plastic wrap to prevent drying out.)
- (Make the sesame mustard sauce.) Mix the all ingredients of the sauce well.
- Place the boiled pork from (2) on a serving dish and serve it with the sesame mustard sauce from (3).
The sesame mustard sauce brings out the flavor of the boiled pork.