Onion Gratin Soup
364 Kcal per person
For 4 persons
- 4 onions
- 1 tablespoon Pure Sesame Oil
- 600ml chicken stock soup
- Appropriate amounts of salt and pepper
- 8 slices French bread (Thickness: 1cm)
- 6 tablespoons Gruyere cheese
- Slice onions into thin strips.
- Heat Pure Sesame Oil on a pan, put the onions in the oil and saute until the onions turn golden brown, being careful not to let them burn.
- Add the chicken stock soup to the pan and simmer for 20 minutes. Add salt and pepper to adjust the taste.
- Put the soup into the necessary number of heat-resistant bowls or cups. Put the light-toasted French bread on top. Add a generous sprinkling of grated cheese on top. Put it in an oven preheated at 250 degrees C (500 degrees F) to bake until top browns and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with a dash of Pure Sesame Oil (not in the list of ingredients) last.
Sesame oil adds richness to onions. While it usually takes 40 minutes to saute onions until golden brown, heating onions in a microwave in advance shortens the time.